2. COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
The nature of our website requires us to collect, store, use, manage and process information about you, including personal data. Personal data is specific information about or relating to an individual that makes such individual identifiable. Personal data refers to information such as names, cookies, email addresses, telephone numbers, residential addresses.
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information that you provide to us, for example when you fill out a contact or web form, or when you create or register an account with us, or if you register to receive alerts or updates.
- When you provide your Personal Data while signing up for a service or purchasing a product.
- Personal Data that we obtain or learn from your visit or use of our website, such as information about the browser or device you use to access this site, how you use this site and the pages you visit, traffic and location data.
- When you contact our customer support whether by phone, email, or chat
- We may also ask you for information if you experience problems when using this site. We may also ask you to complete surveys and respond to questionnaires for our research purposes, although you don’t have to respond to these.
- Personal Data we receive from other sources, including (without limitation) third party service providers, such as providers of verification services and financial institutions who are necessary for the provision of our services, and who may partner with us or support us in providing quality service delivery.
3. USE OF PERSONAL DATA
We may use your Personal Data, including non-public Personal Data as follows:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our services
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations.
- Verify your identity and prevent fraud.
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages.
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service.
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by LGC Limited and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you.
- Monitor and analyse trends, usage and activities in connection with our services and ensuring your compliance with applicable laws and the lawful use of our website.
- Personalize and improve the services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests.
- Process and deliver contest or promotion entries and rewards.
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service.
- Process payment through our third-party payment partners.
- Carry out any other purpose for which the Personal Data was collected or that may be legally permissible in law.
LGC Limited is based in Nigeria and the information we collect is governed by the Nigeria Data Protection Regulation (NDPR). By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to Nigeria and other countries.
4. DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
LGC Limited only discloses Personal Data with other companies or individuals in the following limited circumstances:
- We may provide such Personal Data to affiliated companies or other trusted businesses or persons for the purpose of processing Personal Data on our behalf. We require that these parties agree to process such Personal Data based on our instructions and in compliance with the Nigeria Data Protection Regulation (NDPR) and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures. When they no longer need your Personal Data to fulfil this service, they will dispose of the details in line with the NDPR.
- We may share your personal information with our technical support and other relevant third parties, partners and service providers who are necessary for the proper performance of the services and the proper running and functioning of the website.
- We may share your information with the Seller(s) or Buyer(s), as may be applicable, where we consider the sharing of such information to be absolutely necessary for the proper performance or provision of the services.
- We may also share your information with the Seller to enable it perform its delivery and other purchase (or sales)-related obligations with respect to purchased products.
- With other third-parties such as email service providers that perform marketing services on LGC Limited’s behalf.
- With other non-affiliated companies for our everyday business purposes, such as to process transactions, maintain accounts, respond to court orders and legal investigations.
- In response to a request for Personal Data, if we are required by, or we believe disclosure is in accordance with, any applicable law, regulation or legal process.
- By order of court or in compliance with any applicable law; With relevant law enforcement officials or other third parties, such as investigators or auditors, if we believe it is appropriate.
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of LGC Limited’s assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company; and
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you that the Personal Data you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such Personal Data.
- We may also share aggregated or de-identified or anonymized Information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
When LGC Limited does not have a lawful basis for disclosure of your Personal Data, LGC Limited will obtain consent from you before sharing your Personal Data with third parties. Where LGC Limited needs to transfer your Personal Data to another country, such country must have an adequate data protection law. We will act in accordance with the provisions of the NDPR if we need to send your Personal Data to a country without an adequate data protection law.
LGC Limited takes reasonable measures to help protect all Personal Data about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. [We have also taken measures to comply with provision of security facilities for the protection of your Personal Data through the set-up of firewalls, limited access to specified authorized individuals, encryption and continuous capacity building for relevant personnel. We therefore have digital and physical security measures to limit and eliminate possibilities of data privacy breach incidents].
6. HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will hold your Personal Data on LGC Limited’s systems for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected or to comply with legal, regulatory or internal policy requirements.
7. WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The Personal Data LGC Limited collects from you may be transferred to and stored at a destination within or outside Nigeria. By submitting your Personal Data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your Personal Data is treated and stored securely with an appropriate level of protection and that the transfer is lawful.
8. YOUR RIGHTS AS A DATA SUBJECT
The law gives you certain rights in respect to your Personal Data which LGC Limited has its possession. Below is a highlight of some of those rights. At any point while we are in possession of or processing your Personal Data, you, the Data Subject has the following rights:
- RIGHT OF ACCESS – You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
- RIGHT TO RECTIFY – You have the right and obligation to correct the Personal Data we hold about you that is inaccurate.
- RIGHT TO BE FORGOTTEN – In certain circumstances you may ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our record.
- RIGHT TO RESTRICT PROCESSING – Where certain conditions apply, you have a right to restrict processing of your Personal Data.
- RIGHT TO PORTABILITY – You have the right to have your Personal Data transferred to another organisation.
- LODGE COMPLAINT – You have a right to lodge a complaint about the handling of your Personal Data with the National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA) at [email protected]
- RIGHT TO OBJECT – You have the right to object to the Processing of Personal Data.
NITDA’s website (https://nitda.gov.ng/) has a wealth of useful information in respect of your rights over your Personal Data. If you wish to exercise your rights, you may contact us at [email protected]
9. BREACH/ PRIVACY VIOLATION
In the event of a breach of security leading to the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to Personal Data, LGC Limited shall within 72 (Seventy-Two) hours of having knowledge of such breach report the details of the breach to NITDA.
Furthermore, where we ascertain that such breach is detrimental to your rights and freedom in relation to your Personal Data, we shall within 7 (Seven) days of having knowledge of the occurrence of such breach take steps to inform you of the breach incident, the risk to your rights and freedom resulting from such breach and any course of action to remedy said breach.
10. PRIVACY POLICIES OF THIRD PARTIES
Information you share with third parties, and your visits to third party websites or applications will be governed by the respective privacy policies of such third parties and we will not be liable for the privacy of such information in such instance. We advise you to peruse the privacy policies and respective terms and conditions of such third parties in furnishing your personal information, on every such occasion.
11. QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS
2. SCOPE OF THIS POLICY
This Policy applies as between you, the User of this Website and LGC Limited, the owner and provider of this website. It does not extend to any websites that can be accessed from this website including, but not limited to, any links we may provide to social media websites.
3. WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are text files with small pieces of data, like your specific language preference or log-in information, that are used to remember you or identify your computer as you use a computer network. Specific cookies known as HTTP cookies are used to identify specific users and improve your web browsing experience. Cookies, therefore, enable us identify, authenticate and distinguish you from other visitors and users of our website to ultimately give you a better user experience and feel of our website.
- Information supplied to us using cookies helps us to analyse the profile of our visitors and provide you with a better online experience.
- When you submit data through a form, such as those found on contact pages or comment forms, cookies may be set to remember your user details for future access or correspondence.
5. COOKIES WE USE
To help you understand the different types of cookies we use and what they do, LGC Limited has conducted a full audit of our site and grouped cookies into different categories.
- Necessary cookies: ‘Necessary’ cookies let you move around the website and use essential features such as accessing secure areas of the website and identifying you as being logged in. Necessary cookies are essential for your use of and access to the website. These cookies don’t gather any information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you’ve been on the internet.
- Performance cookies: We use these cookies to collect information about how visitors use our website, including details of the site where the visitor has come from and the total number of times a visitor has been to our website. These cookies enable us measure traffic to our site and relevant traffic sources. By using our website, you agree that we can place this type of cookies on your device. We use the information to improve our website and enhance the experience of visitors.
- Functionality cookies: These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make [such as your username, language, or the region you are in] and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts, and other parts of web pages that you can customise.
- Advertisement cookies: Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant advertisement and marketing campaigns and these cookies may be placed on our site by third party advertising networks. These cookies may collect information about your browsing habits from time to time, in order to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests, without accessing or possessing your personal information from us.
- Analytics cookies: These cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies assist in providing numerical data on the number of visitors, bounce rate, clickstream, traffic source amongst others.
6. DISABLING COOKIES
We have high regard for your right to privacy, and you may choose to disable or decline those cookies which allow such options, or you can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, declining or disabling cookies may consequently impact your user experience of the website and the contents, features and services available therein. If you decline, disable or block any cookies (including necessary cookies) using your browser settings or any other available option, you may not be able to access all or parts of our site. Subject to the foregoing, we confirm that visitors to our website may choose to block and disable all cookies; except our Necessary cookies which are needed for the proper functioning of our website.